Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An Explanation

It may seem strange that someone who proclaims she dislikes cooking in her "About Me" is writing a food blog, but let me clarify: I don't mind cooking for other people, but I despise cooking for myself.  To me, the time and effort spent making a lonely meal for one just isn't worth it, which is why when I'm by myself, I either feed on extremely unhealthy instant meals or skip eating altogether.  I've come to realize however, that soon I will reach the point in life where we are expected to fend for ourselves --and I can't live off of instant noodles unless I want to go to an early grave.  Thus, I must learn to make real food.

Be aware however, that when I say "real food", I don't mean the elegant dishes found on other food blogs that require you to slave in the kitchen all day and to run out to the store to buy phoenix tears and other fancy, expensive ingredients.  It simply isn't practical when you have little time (and you're lazy) and even less money (I'm a cheapskate anyway).  And this is where I take issue with a lot of food blogs --they post glowing pictures of delectable dishes and promise it's a breeze to make, but after looking over the recipes and realizing I don't have the means to make such beautiful food, I'm left with a watering mouth and a disappointed, and a very empty stomach.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way (I'm looking at all you college kids out there), so it is my goal to use this blog to share doable --and tasty-- recipes with those of you like me --the busy and broke, lazy and cheap people who still need and love to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment